DOMAINE PIERRE NAIGEON 2018 MIXED CASE
We have been working with Pierre Naigeon since 2006, and were the first to present his wines in the US. We've watched as his tiny production has increased in volume and his wine making has become prodigious.
Today he produces only single-parcel wines, his generic appellation 'bourgognes' included. And his dedication to quality is rivaled only by the greatest of the great (and I do not hesitate to mention DRC).
2018 marks a major turning point in his career. Pierre has been producing natural wines for years, and has been a pioneer in Burgundy of many practices now in current use. And with the 2018 vintage, his entire production was not only organically farmed, but naturally fermented. And the results are mind-blowing.
I tasted these wines in April 2019, just before bottling, and I have been waiting for this moment all year.
12 bottle case, 2 bottles of each of these hand-chosen Elden Selections:
- Domaine Pierre Naigeon Gevrey-Chambertin 'Creux Brouillard' 2018
- Domaine Pierre Naigeon Fixin 1er Cru 'Les Hervelets' 2018
- Domaine Pierre Naigeon Bourgogne 'Maladieres' 2018
- Domaine Pierre Naigeon Morey Saint Denis 'En Rue de Vergy' 2018
- Domaine Pierre Naigeon Gevrey-Chambertin 'En Sylvie' 2018
- Domaine Pierre Naigeon Mazys Chambertin 2018
- Domaine Pierre Naigeon Marsannay 'Sampagny' 2018